Job Boards Template
Germantown, WI 53022 US
Come join a growing family-owned company !
The Staff Accountant role will be responsible for helping assist the Finance department with the day-to-day accounts payable, purchasing, and payroll functions by compiling financial statements, reviewing data, and ensuring financial compliance. Accountants are responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, accounts payable and receivable, tax returns, and general ledger entries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare regulatory filings and reporting.
- Maintain accounts payable, including authenticate transactions, process invoices, create payable schedule, and process checks.
- Prepare daily customer invoices and posts funds received to customer accounts.
- Compute and record charges, refunds, and cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rental, and similar items.
- Review and take appropriate action for accounts receivable collections.
- Maintain records on all fixed assets.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company information and personnel records.
- Perform the monthly closing of the general ledger and prepares financial statements for review by management.
- Provide income and transaction tax support.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Apply and/or review the accuracy of account coding in both accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices.
- Escalate non-compliance issues when identified.
- Research and attend continuing professional education opportunities.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure accuracy and compliance with payroll processing.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including regulatory-specific accounting regulations.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field of study and at least 2-3 years of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If a CPA, maintain the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, queries).
- Preferred knowledge of Exact JobBoss.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and ideas, summarize complex issues, and present to audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlin