Job Boards Template
Shipping & Receiving
Germantown, WI 53022 US
eeking a Shipping and Receiving Associate to play an instrumental role in performing a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. You will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments, prepare and receive shipment according to ISO, AS9100, and ITAR procedures, as well as arranging for the transportation of products.
- Prioritize shipments based on order due dates and current/planned workload.
- Perform shipping related tasks by following procedures and ensuring job and customer specific shipping instructions are completed:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding to prevent damage.
- Determines best method of shipment to meet order requirements, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, or specifications to match up shipping and billing information to appropriate services completed.
- Executes receiving related tasks to include unloading and examining incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper, supervisor, and/or purchasing to rectify damages and shortages.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Deliver and pick up product to or from correct addresses using company vehicles.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One to three years’ related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State approved driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Outlook.
- Fabricates wooden containers according to the product dimensions and specific requirements.
- Able to navigate by using a board GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-bases or physical maps.
- Experience in UPS Worldship, FedEx shipping, and Exact Job Boss.
Job Type: Full-time