Quality Lab Tech I
Germantown, WI 53022 US
What do the cell phone in your pocket, a spaceship, and an electric vehicle have in common?
Ellsworth Adhesives specs in materials in each of those products. Ellsworth Corporation, a global, industry leading distributor of specialty chemicals and equipment currently has a Quality Lab Tech I at KitPackers/ ResinLab, located in Germantown, WI.
The Quality Lab Tech I is laboratory position that is responsible for testing and inspecting products at various stages of production processes. This employee will compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and comprehend an extensive variety of test sheets and test methods. Accurately perform tests for material characteristics at different stages of production. Immediately report failures to appropriate Quality personnel.
- Responsible for the review of Certificates of Analysis for raw materials to determine product conformity.
- Thoroughly inspect batch samples, packaged product and production paperwork at various stages during the production process.
- Documents Final inspection failures. Contains nonconforming products from further processing/shipping and participates with appropriate Quality personnel to assign rework to designated department, as necessary.
- Drafts Certificates of Analysis, Certificates of Compliance and other documents as requested.
- Assists Quality Management with internal investigation into nonconforming product, as directed.
- Perform scale and lab equipment verifications.
- Logs data accurately into database and maintains/updates NAV journal entries.
- Maintains lab workspaces and product retains per 5S standards.
- Responds promptly to shared Quality email inbox and appropriately communicates updates regarding test status, nonconforming product and other issues, as needed
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, bonus plan, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Health, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Employee Assistance, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Wellness Program, Social Events, Community Involvement and much more! Click Here for a summary of Employee Benefits.
Ellsworth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, pregnancy, genetics, or any other legally-protected status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation for any part of our employment process, please follow the instructions on our Accessibility Accommodation for Applicants page of our Careers website.
Ellsworth Corporation is an industry leading global corporation, we specialize in the distribution, manufacturing and custom packaging of adhesives, specialty chemicals and dispensing equipment. We stand apart from the competition by going above and beyond high quality products. We offer expert assistance, valuable services, decades of experience, and a host of resources to ensure we're providing the best possible solution for our customers’ applications.
- 1+ years of related industrial experience or training in a manufacturing environment preferably from a custom adhesive, chemical, paint manufacturing or liquid packaging/filling environment. Associate’s degree (college or technical) in a related field of study. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent at the discretion of Human Resources and the hiring Manager.
- Shift: 8am-5pm
- To perform this job successfully individuals must be proficient on a personal computer and have knowledge of ERP System (NAVISION), Quality Database (FileMaker Pro), INTELEX Document Management System, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
My name is Katie, and I'm a Senior Recruiting Consultant at Hatch Staffing.
I was born and raised 20 minutes north of Milwaukee and have lived in the area ever since. I absolutely love this city, and you’ll be sure to catch me at any local events downtown!
I believe it's important to build strong connections both personally and professionally, so I’ll always have an open ear.
Whether you’re pursuing new opportunities, or are simply in search of a new connection, I’m your go-to!