Germantown, WI US
We're an industry leading adhesive manufacturer and custom packager of adhesives currently has a, 3rd Shift Production Supervisor opportunity located in Germantown, WI.
This is a new shift we're opening up, and this individual will supervise all personnel and activities in the packaging department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules work flow through the production area to meet or exceed on-time delivery goals.
- Set schedules for formulation and packaging.
- Handles all expedites in the system and insure their timely completion.
- Provides dates to Production Scheduler regarding expedites and regularly scheduled items.
- Ensures quality and productivity objectives are met by all packaging personnel.
- Includes responsibility for investigation and resolution of quality and on-time delivery complaints.
- Analyzes and take action on any down time issues as they arise or alert the Manufacturing Manager.
- Works closely with Maintenance team to ensure equipment if operating efficiently.
- Ensures data is entered and tracked in computer systems accurately.
- Enters purchase requisitions for shop supply items and forwards to Production Coordinator.
- Examines documents, material and products, and monitor work processes in order to assist completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Revises existing BOM’s as necessary.
- Responsible for coordinating continuous improvement and 5S efforts in the packaging areas.
- Participates in lean initiatives throughout all production and office processes.
- Considers safety throughout the operation a top priority.
- Acts as a resource for internal and external customers regarding packaging/manufacturing processes and issues.
- Provides back up for Manufacturing Manager.
- Associates degree (college or technical) in a related field of study and 5+ years of related industrial experience and/or training. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent at the discretion of Human Resources and the hiring Manager.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully individuals must be proficient on a personal computer and have knowledge of ERP systems, Internet Software, Shipping Software, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 lbs