Germantown, WI 53022 US
The Product Development Technician supports the Product Development Department with sample preparation and testing. The Technician works directly with chemists to complete necessary work related to design plans, raw material qualification, validation of properties of new products and product modifications, and reformulation and support of current products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows written instructions to prepare samples and formulations using chemicals and laboratory mixing equipment.
- Tests experimental formulations for properties such as viscosity, cure time, Tg, adhesion, and hardness using standard laboratory procedures and instrumentation. Performs a limited variety of chemical tests as instructed.
- Calibrates and verifies equipment as specified in SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Documents procedures, observations, data, and other results in an approved format in an electronic laboratory notebook. Seeks resolution on experimental data deviating from expected result.
- Orders, stocks, and keeps inventory of laboratory supplies.
- 1+ years of experience of related industrial experience, preferably from a custom adhesive, chemical, coatings/paint, pharmaceutical/food manufacturing or packaging/dispensing environment
- Associate degree (College or technical) in Chemistry or related field of study
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs
- Proficient on a personal computer
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, bonus plan, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Health, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Employee Assistance, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Wellness Program, Social Events, Community Involvement and much more!