Human Resources Assistant
Milwaukee, WI US
- Provide real time support for the field team.
- Collaborate with the HR team to improve efficiencies and implement cost-saving processes.
- Studies and remains current on state and federal laws and regulations regarding employee selection and develops a working knowledge of company benefits that relate to the selection process.
- Ensures that accurate records are maintained.
- Assists in the administration of approved screening tools for internal applicants.
- Assists in the recruiting process by conducting employment verification and criminal background history.
- Compiles new hire paperwork necessary for government requirements and ensure timely enrollments in benefit plans.
- Enters all new hire and benefit information in HR/payroll software program.
- Continuously updates changes to employee records and organization charts.
- Orders HR office supplies and necessary forms, booklets and special printed material.
- Handle medical emergencies and emergency contacts if / when appropriate.
- Participates in career fairs as needed.
- Provides feedback to mobile fueling management, as requested, in regard to employee orientation, training plans, and retention efforts.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, high-paced environment.
- Experience working with D.O.T. regulated positions preferred.
- Knowledge of recruitment, selection and employment practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding employment and general human resources practices.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
I made the leap from retail management to recruiting and never looked back. I specialize in direct hire positions and I would love to support you throughout your entire process in finding your new career. At Hatch, we are boutique firm which allows us to give you the focus you deserve. As a mom of two who loves the outdoors and cooking, I understand how important balance is and I want to help you achieve that too.