2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Milwaukee, WI US
- Organizes and schedules the department’s production activities.
- Assigns work to the department operators.
- Works with the Production Manager on cost control of repair and operating supplies, waste generation, labor costs and other areas that may be assigned.
- Trains new operators on the department operations.
- Conducts regular training for existing employees to ensure employee growth.
- Conducts training to comply with safety regulations.
- Responsible for adherence to safety rules by all direct reports, promoting safe work practices, coaching and any necessary safety training required in addition to that provided by the corporate safety trainer. Also, is responsible for stopping and reporting any safety violations when observed throughout the facility.
- Champion’s safety and housekeeping initiatives and communicate them to all employees.
- Monitor the quality of products produced to ensure adherence to company standards.
- Utilize the Business Operating System to report operations completed, materials issued, and other related transactions.
- Interview, hire and terminate employees, as necessary.
- Conduct performance reviews on a semi-annual basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred education level: Associate’s or two-year college degree or equivalent.
- Preferred experience level: Two to four years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably chemicals or coatings.
- Prior supervisory experience helpful, but not required.
- Forklift certification strongly preferred.
- Exemplify core values, i.e., Integrity, Loyalty, Passion, Commitment, and Respect.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook), ERP system and other office machinery.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent team building and communications skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
I made the leap from retail management to recruiting and never looked back. I specialize in direct hire positions and I would love to support you throughout your entire process in finding your new career. At Hatch, we are boutique firm which allows us to give you the focus you deserve. As a mom of two who loves the outdoors and cooking, I understand how important balance is and I want to help you achieve that too.