Control Systems Engineer
Milwaukee, WI | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Come work for one of the top companies in the area! Our client is booming with business and is looking to add to their engineering team in the form of a Control Systems Engineer. This is a crucial role for the team so they are looking for the perfect candidate, is that you?
This client of ours has a quick interview process! And we provide constant feedback along the way. They have a competitive pay scale and great benefits, they for sure have a family orientated culture which makes the work life balance, easy as pie.
Design, program, and test the electrical controls for production machines using programmable logic controllers in a global environment. Complete the required documentation for PLC’s, machine electrical schematics, electrical panel layouts, and bill of materials. Research, purchase, and procure electrical hardware and electronic materials/components. Assist with troubleshooting production machinery as required. Support automated data collection needs of the company.
Some typical responsibilities for the role:
- Work in conjunction with all engineering departments, to define & implement machine upgrades and or modifications, relating to production issues, improvements and NPD implementation.
- Specify, design, and document the control design for PLC’s, MMI’s, and outside peripheral devices.
- Direct the fabrication, construction and installation of electrical machine control systems.
- Define and document Standard Operating Procedures for new and modified processes.
- Support the electrical maintenance and repair requirements.
- Troubleshoot electrical control problems in manufacturing systems.
- Assist in the design and implementation of new production equipment and work cells, with both internal and external customers / suppliers
People love working here, so apply now!
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in control, automation, design and machine integration
- Proficient in programming and troubleshooting PLC's and HMI's
- Understanding of AC, DC< and servo drives
- Mechanical drawing interpretation
- Automated post process gauging equipment
- Ability to travel
- Prior experience with Cognex and DVT component vision systems
- Proficient in CAD design of schematics using Solidworks 3D, Solidworks PDM and/or AutoCAD electrical software